Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Going away lunch

I just had an awesome day at work. Our whole office went out for my going away lunch, along with a few extras. I got a happy surprise when I found out that Janet (friend from work that is not with us anymore) came along to see me off. Janet is great; we had a ball while she was there. She and I once decorated Dave’s office with as much ASU stuff as we could find. Dave is a U of A grad and saying he dislikes ASU is the understatement of the century. Janet and I would play pranks on each other all the time. It was really nice to see her again.


TGI Friday’s at Chase Field was awesome (I am attaching some pics in this post). The Dbacks were playing in Cincinnati today so the field was empty except for some grow lights. It was a perfect view to take in while eating lunch. I think everyone had a good time and there were laughs all around. After lunch we all went back to the office and ate some dessert.


After dessert, there was some fun poked at me and my southern heritage by Dave (it was all funny) and then Steve gave me a couple of pictures. He had photo shopped me onto these fake magazine covers with pictures I didn’t even know he had accessible. One is me doing a standard Jeff “there are no lights on in the whole house” look and is supposed to be the Poker player of the year with Bluff magazine. Beth and I both laughed until we hurt. It was just a fun day all around.


This is just one more reason that makes it hard to leave Arizona. I wouldn’t change one thing about my office and our time here. We are excited to be moving, but that doesn’t change the fact that Arizona was a really good thing for us.


After we left the office we headed to ASU and bought some tickets for Wicked this weekend. Beth has really wanted to see it so I am glad we are finally getting to go. So we have that and the river to look forward to this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment