Friday, July 17, 2009

Day 2 and 3 update

I didn't get a chance to post last night mainly because I was lazy. That's right kids, all I did was drive for awhile and couldn't make myself post a blog update...not good.

Day 2 found us in Oklahoma City. Last time when we drove through TX I didn't like anything that I saw, but this time there was a lot of AG that looked really kool. OK also was interesting to see as we drove through. Beth was amazed by all the oil derricks throughout the countryside. We ran into a lot of wind on the way through the state, which made for some fun driving. Yesterday was a big blow to my manhood. I have this compulsion to drive Beth and I everywhere. It is a deep rooted idea that that the man should get us from point A to point B. Is this logical? Heck no, but I never said I was a logical man. So when I got sleepy yesterday after driving 350 miles, I gave the reins over to Beth for the last 150 miles to Ok City (this would repeat itself the next day). We had some storms come through that night, but seeing how I was tired I slept right through them.

Day 3 ends with us in St. Louis. We are a quick 270 miles from our new home city. The dogs are still adjusting to the trip, but as I type this Spike is eating his dog food for the first time on this trip. Beth went out and grabbed us food and I chilled with the pooches. Now we are getting to settle in and get ready for our last leg of this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment