Saturday, July 18, 2009

Louisville at last

Our cross country trip has come to an end.

Today on our trip I almost had to cry. Let me explain...We needed some breakfast and some go-go juice so we got off the interstate east of St. Louis. I drove 3 miles off the exit just to get to a Hardee's. I really wanted to get a good biscuit(AZ doesn't have their breakfast). When I pulled up to order my BEC (read best breakfast sandwich: Bacon, egg, and cheese) I saw one of the most grand sites in this country. Mello Yello was on the menu. Can you hear the angels singing? I know I could. It is good to be back in Mello Yello country. After we fueled up, it was back to driving.

We made it to Louisville today around 1:30. After grabbing some lunch, it was off to check into our hotel/temporary quarters/squatting pad for the foreseeable future. We are staying in the same hotel as on our house hunting trip. I remember it being a whole lot kooler last time. I have already had to get missing items from the front desk twice. Beth and I are both bummed out because of the substandard TV and its lack of audio video inputs. This means 2 weeks with no Wii. Reading, internet, and mindless television will have to do instead. I'll try to keep everyone up on the latest happenings from KY. Monday is my first day in my new office so wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment